Terms and conditions
Web page https://e-me.edu.gr/ hosts the main, formal edition of Digital Educational Platform e-me, which addresses all pupils and teachers who hold an account in Greek School Network (GSN), ensuring this way that all of its users are certified.
Each user holds a single, unique Greek School Network (GSN) account, login data of which (i.e. username and password) is not allowed to be shared with third parties.
The use of the website must be made only for legal purposes, in accordance with the terms hereof and in a way that does not limit or impede their use by third parties. The user of this website must not commit any acts or omissions that may cause malfunction of this website and adversely affect or endanger the provision of services to users.
All users must avoid publishing content (text, images, photos, video, posts and comments in the Hive's wall, e-me content, blog posts etc.), which could be illegal, threatening, harmful, slanderous, insulting, disparaging, offensive, pornographic, blasphemous, annoying, vulgar and indecent. Users should also avoid publishing any content that could be or trigger illegal or unlawful actions, could violate other users' privacy or publish gender, racial and other discrimination comments.
If users notice any of the above, they are kindly requested to immediately inform administrators of the Platform so that they take action by removing any such content or by deactivating the particular user's account.
CTI Diophantus, the project coordinator and implimenter of the Digital Educational Platform "e-me" disclaims all liability concerning time limitations, deletion, malfunction or unaccuracy of users' data storage and/ or any content deriving from personal webpages/ services. CTI institution claims no firm guarantee the unlimited operation of servers free from any errors, viruses, malicious software or similar causes although best effort is provided for efficient network operation.
The institution/ organization provides the content (e.g. information, names, photographs, depictions, data etc.) and the services available through the website "EXACTLY AS THEY ARE". Under no circumstances, the institution will not be liable for any legal claims of civil or criminal nature, nor for any possible damage (direct, special or consequential) of the user of this website.
The website may contain references (links) to websites of third parties exclusively for the user’s information. The reference to links belonging to third parties DOES not constitute adoption of their views and operations or acceptance of the content that they express, publish or post. Third parties-institutions/ organizations of the websites, responsible according to the law, are responsible only for the content of their sites or for any damage that may result from their use, when the user accesses them. The user accepts that visiting the sites of third parties means leaving the website and subjecting to the conditions of their use.
Being the project promoter of "e-me" platform, Computer Technology Institute and Press "Diophantus" (CTI Diophantus), supports users in three ways:
- via email service of the help desk email@example.com,
- via a distinct support request form (Comments- Support), available on users’ homepage, and
- via contact messages on the official e-me Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/eme.edu.gr/).
Website https://e-me.edu.gr/ aggregates personal information such as the full name, the e-mail and the profile of the users (student/ teacher) via Forms, such as the User Account Creation Form.
These data are used for statistical analysis reasons only and for improving the provided services and they are not disclosed to any third parties (natural or legal person) for no reasons except for the ones permitted by law provisions and imposed by competent authorities only.
his website may also aggregate non personal, user identification data with the use of relevant technologies such as cookies or/ and monitoring of Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. Cookies are small pieces of data stored in users' hard disk and do not keep record of any document or file of their computer. Cookies facilitate users' access to specific services and/ or pages of the Platform and are used for statistical analysis and in order to identify which of the Platform's services are most usable or popular. Data aggregated could concern users' browser type, computer system, operational system, providers of online services and relevant such information.
Disclosure and Removing Illegal Posted Content Policy
If a copyright holder locates, in the website, illegally published material which a) is not covered by a limitation or another exception under Greek copyright law and for the use of which b) is not been given permission, the above holder is requested to contact in writing with the institution through e-mail in the address firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the following:
- 1. His contact data
- 2. Full biographic data or, if not available, the material reference data.
- 3. The URL in which the material is located (for example the URL of the record)
- 4. Data that confirm that he is the holder and/or statutory declaration which will state that with individual responsibility and knowing the penalties provided for by the provisions of par. 6 of the article 22 of Law 1599/1986 declares that he is the holder of the intellectual property or his legal representative.
Upon receipt of the complaint, initiates the warning and withdrawal illegally published content process, as follows:
- i. The institution, via e-mail, confirms that received the complaint and makes an initial assessment of its validity and reliability.
- ii. Upon receipt of a valid complaint, the material temporarily withdrawn from institution’s website until the consensus solution.
- iii. The complainant and the institution/ organization or any other person/entity deposited the material, is required to solve in common consent and in a short period of time the issue of the complaint by adopting one of the following solutions:
- a. The material is re-published in the same form as before.
- b. The material is re-published having undergone changes.
- c. The material is permanently withdrawn from the list of websites
- iv. As long as the institution and the complainant fail to achieve a mutually acceptable solution to the issue, the material remains non-available on the catalogue until reaching an agreement on the matter.
Jurisdiction, validity and modifications
The terms and conditions of use of this website and any amendment or alteration will be governed and supplemented by the Greek and European law and relevant international treaties. The Greek Courts are defined as any litigation courts arising from this. Any provision of the terms above found to be contrary to the aforementioned legal framework or becomes unenforceable, ceases to have effect and removed from the present, without, in any case, affect the validity of other conditions.